MGT 330 A+ Answers
A+ Work All 100 MCQ's have been answered perfectly. Please open the attchment:
1) The cost principle is the basis for preparing financial statements because it is __________.
2) The cost principle requires that when assets are acquired, they be recorded at __________.
3) "Generally accepted" in the phrase generally accepted accounting principles means that the principles __________.
4) One of Astro Company's activity cost pools is machine setups, with estimated overhead of $150,000. Astro produces sparklers (400 setups) and lighters (600 setups). How much of the machine setup cost pool should be assigned to sparklers?
5) In what situations will a static budget be most effective in evaluating a manager's effectiveness?
6) The major reporting standard for management accounts is __________.
7) Multinational corporations __________.
8) What is value chain management best defined as?
9) Sam's Used Cars uses the specific identification method of costing inventory. During March, Sam purchased three cars for $6,000, $7,500, and $9,750, respectively. During March, two cars are sold for $9,000 each. Sam determines that at March 31, the $9,750 car is still on hand. What is Sam’s gross profit for March?
C. $5,250 (9000*2)-(6000+7500)
10) Which one of the following items is not generally used in preparing a statement of cash flows?
11) H55 Company sells two products, beer and wine. Beer has a 10 percent profit margin and wine has a 12 percent profit margin. Beer has a 27 percent contribution margin and wine has a 25 percent contribution margin. If other factors are equal, which product should H55 push to customers?
12) What exists when budgeted costs exceed actual results?
13) The standards and rules that are recognized as a general guide for financial reporting are called __________.
14) Managerial accounting __________.
15) If a binding price ceiling were imposed in the computer market, __________.
16) Resources are __________.
17) Lekeisha's income exceeds her expenditures. Lekeisha is a __________.
18) In order to be successful, a cartel must __________.
19) Which of the following would be most likely to contribute to the breakdown of a cartel in a natural resource (e.g., bauxite) market?
20) Without trade, __________.
21) There are two types of markets in which firms face some competition yet are still able to have some control over the prices of their products. The names given to these market structures are __________.
22) Many U.S. business leaders argue that the current state of U.S. net exports is the result of __________.
23) The principal lag for monetary policy __________.
24) The model of short-run economic fluctuations focuses on the price level and __________.
25) President George W. Bush and congress cut taxes and raised government expenditures in 2003. Which of the following is not correct?
26) The political business cycle refers to __________.
27) Edward Prescott and Finn Kydland won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2004. One of their contributions was to argue that if a central bank could convince people to expect zero inflation, then the Fed would be tempted to raise output by increasing inflation. This possibility is known as __________.
28) A leader is:
29) Listening to employee suggestions, gaining support for organizational objectives and fostering an atmosphere of teamwork are all considered:
30) Having individuals actually do the job they are applying for as a test to see if they can do it is __________.
31) An invisible barrier that makes it difficult for certain groups, such as minorities and women, to move beyond a certain level in the organizational hierarchy is referred to as the:
32) Which of these represent skills that managers need?
33) A series of quality standards developed by a committee working under the International Organization for Standardization to improve total quality in all businesses for the benefit of both producers and consumers is:
34) Japanese manufacturers' kaizen (continuous improvement) programs enable them to maintain:
35) Managers will utilize __________ skills with increasing frequency as they rise within an organization.
36) Building a dynamic organization is another way of describing which function of management?
37) Teams that work on long-term projects but disband once the work is completed are known as:
38) When a company establishes technology leadership by pioneering unique products or services that command premium prices, it has benefited from a:
39) Teams that operate separately from the regular work structure and exist temporarily are known as:
40) Which of these refers to the practices aimed at discovering and harnessing an organization's intellectual resources?
41) One of the most important contributors to total quality management has been the introduction of statistical tools to analyze the causes of product defects in an approach called:
42) In a random sample of 810 women employees, it is found that 81 would prefer working for a female boss. The width of the 95% confidence interval for the proportion of women who prefer a female boss is _____.
43) Use the following table to answer question:
Cell Phone Service Provider
P(S | W) is approximately _____.
44) To estimate the average annual expenses of students on books and class materials a sample of size 36 is taken. The average is $850 and the standard deviation is $54. A 99% confidence interval for the population mean is __________.
45) Twelve randomly-chosen students were asked how many times they had missed class during a certain semester, with this result: 2, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 18.
For this sample, the median is _____.
46) Independent events A and B would be consistent with which of the following statements:
47) Twelve randomly-chosen students were asked how many times they had missed class during a certain semester, with this result: 2, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, 5, 18.
For this sample, which measure of central tendency is least representative of the “typical” student?
48) The one-worker, multiple machines approach functions as:
49) Theoretically, service capacity must exceed demand, lest queues become infinitely long. If capacity does not exceed demand, what is likely to happen?
50) In a network diagram, an activity:
51) A computer analysis reveals that the best-fitting trend model is Yt = 4.12 e 0.987 t. The trend was fitted using year-end common stock prices for Melodic Kortholt Outlet for the last six years. The R2 is 0.8571.
Which conclusion is not correct?
52) Suppose the estimated quadratic model Yt = 500 + 20 t - t2 is the best-fitting trend of sales of XYZ Inc. using data for the past twenty years (t = 1, 2,.., 20).
Which statement is incorrect?
53) It is very difficult to manage data for which of the following reasons?
54) Search engines and metasearch engines are examples of which network application?
55) The costs of delivering products in the _____ channel are much higher than delivering products in the _____ channel.
56) In the _____ phase of the decision making process, managers test potential solutions “on paper.”
57) What is _____ is not necessarily _____.
58) Competitive advantage for an organization manifests as all of the following except:
59) Which of the following are not provided by digital dashboards?
60) Computer support is greatest for which of the following problems?
61) Which of the following is not a function of functional area information systems?
62) Which of the following is not a reason that managers need IT support?
63) At 8% compounded annually, how long will it take $750 to double?
64) Tri State Pickle Company preferred stock pays a perpetual annual dividend of 2 1/2% of its par value. Par value of TSP preferred stock is $100 per share. If investors’ required rate of return on this stock is 15%, what is the value of per share?
65) At what rate must $400 be compounded annually for it to grow to $716.40 in 10 years?
66) You hold a portfolio with the following securities:
Security Percent of Portfolio Beta Return
X Corporation 20% 1.35 14%
Y Corporation 35% .95 10%
Z Corporation 45% .75 8%
Compute the expected return and beta for the portfolio.
67) PepsiCo calculates unlevered betas for each peer group in order to:
68) An increase in future value can be caused by an increase in the __________.
69) What is the yield to maturity of a nine-year bond that pays a coupon rate of 20% per year, has a $1,000 par value, and is currently priced at $1,407? Round your answer to the nearest whole percent and assume annual coupon payments.
70) Which of the following represents an attempt to measure the earnings of the firm’s operations over a given time period?
71) Your company is considering an investment in a project which would require an initial outlay of $300,000 and produce expected cash flows in years 1-5 of $87,385 per year. You have determined that the current after-tax cost of the firm's capital (required rate of return) for each source of financing is as follows Cost of Debt 8% Cost of Preferred Stock 12% Cost of Common Stock 16% Long term debt currently makes up 20% of the capital structure, preferred stock 10%, and common stock 70%. What is the net present value of this project?
72) Given the following annual net cash flows, determine the IRR to the nearest whole percent of a project with an initial outlay of $1,520.
Year Net Cash Flow
3 $ 500
73) Bell Weather, Inc. has a beta of 1.25. The return on the market portfolio is 12.5%, and the risk-free rate is 5%. According to CAPM, what is the required return on this stock?
74) Petrified Forest Skin Care, Inc. pays an annual perpetual dividend of $1.70 per share. If the stock is currently selling for $21.25 per share, what is the expected rate of return on this stock?
75) According to the hedging principle, permanent assets should be financed with _____ liabilities.
76) Economists' economic-buyer theory assumes that __________.
77) The basic objective of theU.S. market-directed economic system is to:
78) "Marketing strategy planning" means:
79) The "four Ps" of a marketing mix are:
80) The clustering techniques that can be used in segmenting:
81) Which of the following is a business or organizational customer?
82) Coca-Cola is taking advantage of the new willingness of Chinese leaders to engage in international trade by marketing its soft drinks in China. What type of opportunity is Coke pursuing?
83) When one considers the strategy decisions organized by the four Ps, branding is related to packaging as:
84) A firm's "marketing mix" decision areas would NOT include:
85) In comparison to the buying of final consumers, the purchasing of organizational buyers:
87) Regarding organizational buying, the people who have the power to select or approve the supplier--especially for larger purchases--are called:
88) Which of the following terms need not be disclosed under Truth-in-Lending Act?
89) In which of the following are these steps of a criminal case listed in the correct order?
90) Which of the following receives at least some protection under the U.S. Constitution?
91) Which of the following statements is generally not true about state intermediate appellate courts?
92) Which of the following is correct about litigating commercial disputes?
93) What makes a publicly held corporation different from a public corporation?
94) If the value of the collateral is less than the debt owed to the secured party, then:
95) Which of the following lists, in descending priority, of sources considered by most courts in settling questions of international law?
96) The theory of business social responsibility that holds that a business owes duties solely to produce the highest return for its shareholders is:
97) A professional corporation is one that:
98) One study found that manufacturing labor costs about _____ an hour in China, compared to _____ dollars in the United States.
99) Although the U.S. has had a longstanding agreement with _____ after the passage of NAFTA, _____ became the United States' second largest trading partner.
100) Which country does the text describe as becoming the largest producer and consumer of many of the world's goods?