HCR 230 Week 7 Assignment - Understanding the Collection Process
Assignment: Understanding the Collection Process
You are working in a medical office and are helping train a new billing specialist about collections. You decide that a job aid in the form of a flow chart would be a useful tool.
• Resources: pp. 494–505 in Ch. 15 of Medical Insurance and Microsoft® Help Web site
• Refer to Microsoft® Help Web site at http://support.microsoft.com/ for questions related to creating a flow chart in Microsoft® Word.
• Create a flow chart, using Microsoft® Word, illustrating the sequence of basic steps in the collection process.
• Write a 350- to 500-word script, below your flow chart, for a short instructional video to be used along with the flow chart. The script must provide an overview of how to use the flow chart when dealing with a collections account.
• Include details about what to do at each step in the flow chart. The audience for the job aid and video is a medical office billing trainee.
• Post your paper as an attachment.